MATES 5 Regional Workshops on Pilot Experience courses
MATES held 5 regional online workshops where invited experts were consulted and provided feedback on the 11 MATES Pilot Experiences. As these had been developed based on extensive research and engagement with stakeholders from the Shipbuilding and Offshore Renewable Sectors (from industry, training and education centres etc.), the workshops were an excellent opportunity for stakeholders to give their considered opinion as to their relevance and effectiveness. The workshops also gave partners the chance to showcase their new training materials which made use of methodologies developed according to the identified needs and priorities of both sectors. Recommendations from the Pilots will form part of the MATES Maritime Technology Skills Strategy (final version to come).
The workshops were held in the following regions:
- Galicia – led by CETMAR “Skills for a Greener Shipbuilding Industry”, 29/06/2021
- Azores – led by FRCT, to be confirmed
- UK-Ireland – led by Aquatera, “Skills for accelerating the Offshore Renewable Energy industry”, 21 July 2021
- Central Europe – led by University of Amsterdam “Digital transformation: skills for the Shipbuilding and Offshore Renewable Energy sectors”, 15 June 2021
- Mediterranean – led by Indigo-Med, “Green Technology and Ocean Literacy in the shipbuilding sector”, 5 July 2021